Anyway, the day went really well. I came in at the end of the lunch service, and helped Chef Jen where I could. And, I had the most delicious Mediterranean wrap made with this delicious meat called Kibbeh. It was ground lamb, onions, bell peppers, pine nuts, and bulgar wheat. It was so good. I had it wrapped in a tortilla with salad greens. Great lunch!
As I mentioned before, dinner was busy. The restaurant was full most the evening. Tonight, I felt like I actually knew what was going on. I was able to read the tickets better, when LJ or Chef Eric called something out for me to start making, I knew what to do right away. That felt good! I still love to cook and food, and I know that this experience will stay with me, and will definitely help me in my future endeavors. The things I've learned in the last couple of days:
- I will be making a lot of Indian food when I get home.
- Pork belly is the most delicious thing in the world!
I so appreciate the patience of the kitchen staff and Chef Eric and Jen during the last week and a half! Chef Eric told me as we were leaving tonight, that I have come a long way since I've been here, and that I have a knack for cooking. That made me feel good. Chef Jen has been really encouraging, and have been helping me as I figure out pricing for my cake business, which I plan on putting more time and effort in when I get back home.
This is not my last post...I still have 3 1/2 days here! I will do one more lunch service on Tuesday, and then, I get to sit down and enjoy a 7 course meal on Tuesday night! I'm so excited, and will have a report for sure!
Pork belly get in my pork belly!
ReplyDelete